Jungheinrich UK goes mobile to transform the carbon footprint of its engineer audits - March 21, 2023
Sustainability takes centre stage for Tower Cold Chain at LogiPharma - March 21, 2023
Wingtra lands $22M funding round as their commercial drones take off to new heights - March 21, 2023
VISIONTRACK JOINS TOGETHER FOR SAFER ROADS BOARD TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST GLOBAL ROAD SAFETY CRISIS - March 20, 2023
GSG GENII Software Group acquires iVention, a leading provider of Cloud based Laboratory
Information Management Systems (LIMS) - March 16, 2023
Ferag’s productivity-boosting sorter technology at IntraLogistex 2023 - March 13, 2023
Pandrol upgrades loading dock to keep deliveries on track - March 7, 2023
BCMPA PROMOTES THIRD-PARTY FOOD AND DRINK SECTOR SUPPORT AT IFE MANUFACTURING - March 6, 2023
Oversized ecommerce packaging consigned to the past - March 6, 2023
GOPLASTICPALLETS.COM’S PIONEERING RECYCLING SCHEME SURPASSES 1,000 TONNE MILESTONE - March 2, 2023
Tyco Retail Solutions helps retailers protect more of what’s in store with over 63 billion items “retail-ready”.
Top retailers worldwide rely on Sensormatic merchandise source tagging programme to boost sales and reduce shrink
Tyco Retail Solutions announced it has surpassed 63 billion consumer products source tagged to date, helping retailers protect more of what’s in store. Setting a retail industry milestone with Sensormatic merchandise source tagging, the programme has also achieved seven years of consecutive growth since 2011. Tyco’s programme is the largest in the industry, assisting the world’s top retailers to secure the most popular consumer and apparel items. Additionally, source tagging can help reduce shrink by standardising product-level protection, while safeguarding virtually every product category.
The company’s programme encompasses source application of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) one-time use labels and reusable hard tags. Today, the majority of Sensormatic labels are applied by product manufacturers or packaging companies at the source instead of in stores. Sensormatic source tagging helps retailers drive sales as merchandise arrives “retail-ready” for immediate placement on the sales floor. The programme also enables sales assistants to focus on customers instead of the manual application of security tags in store.
With Tyco Retail Solutions’ global presence and data-driven Sensormatic Source Tagging as a Service (STaaS) programme, retailers receive cost-effective and comprehensive merchandise protection with immediate results through a Tyco-managed collaboration. Some record-setting Sensormatic source tagging milestones include:
- A quickly-growing programme just over two years old, STaaS enables retailers to focus on the right items to tag as well as suppliers with the greatest impact to help drive sales up and shrink down, and make labour savings
- Over 63 billion consumer products tagged worldwide, helping retailers and consumer packaged goods manufacturers reduce shrink and achieve consistent tagging compliance
- Over 40 million meat products protected last year with an embedded microwave-safe label, helping safeguard this top theft category
- Over 10 billion visible hard tags source applied on high theft apparel items, saving retailers millions of hours in tagging merchandise
- 5 billion Internet of Things (IoT) enabled smart hard tags recirculated, delivering secure item-level visibility for better inventory management
- Over 400 million sewn-on labels applied annually, enabling more discrete tagging of luxury apparel and textile products
“We are proud to partner with leading global retailers and manufacturers in mutually growing the Sensormatic source tagging programme,” said Tony D’Onofrio, chief customer officer, Tyco Retail Solutions. “With over 50 years pioneering new technologies, Sensormatic is the brand that retailers trust for quality and innovation. Our recirculated RFID-enabled hard tags are gaining momentum with retailers as a cost-effective and eco-friendly approach for deploying full scale apparel RFID programs.”